To make cleaning the bottom of your pool easier, here’s a guide on how to hook up pool vacuum to Intex pump. This guide can help you with its installation.
The great thing about Intex pools is that they can easily be connected to a vacuum so that the vacuum can clean the bottom of the pool without trouble.
Of course, there still is a process that you still need to learn. So, for the benefit of those who want to have an easier time cleaning their pools, take a look at our simple guide on how to hook up pool vacuum to Intex pump.
Pool Vacuum And Pool Pump: What Are Their Functions?
Before we go on to the steps on how to hook up pool vacuum to Intex above ground pool pump, we must first understand the individual functions of a pool vacuum and a pool pump.
That way, you’ll know how the two can synergize to clean up your pool.
First, we have the pool vacuum. The pool vacuum works pretty much like a regular vacuum cleaner that you can find in any household. The only difference is that pool vacuums have filters that can trap the debris inside the machine so that they can circulate the water back into the pool all cleaned up.
Just like the vacuum, the pool pump is also a cleaning mechanism that sucks in the water and cleans it through a filter. The main difference between the pump and the vacuum is that the vacuum can be directed right at the place where the dirt is while the pool pump is stationary. Combine the strengths of both and you can fully clean your pool.
How To Hook Up Pool Vacuum To Pool Pump?
Now that you know the differences between the two and how they can complement each other, we can move on to the steps on how to hook up pool vacuum to sand pump or any other pool pump.
Take a look at them below:
- The first thing you need to do is unplug the pump from the outlet so as not to risk any instance of electrocution while doing this.
- After that, you need to move on over to the hose connection in the pool and unscrew it. You can do this by turning the screw counter clockwise and pulling it out.
- Look for the hose with an “A” mark and screw in the hose adaptor by putting it in and turning it clockwise
- Connect the adaptor to the upper hose connection that we mentioned in step 2.
- Screw all of the hoses together by attaching them to the adaptors and turning clockwise
- Take the end of the hose marked “D” and attach its free end to the hose clamp
- Connect the free end of the same hose to the top vacuum connection and tighten the hose clamp. You can use a screwdriver to do this.
- Put the vacuum into the water. Make sure that the hose assembly is under the water level. This takes away any excess air pressure from the hose by filling it with water.
- Twist the top air release valve counterclockwise. You can do around 2 revolutions so that you can fill the vacuum cleaner with enough water to create backflow.
- Finally, tighten the air release valve back in the opposite direction to limit the air.
With those 10 simple steps, you were able to completely connect the pool pump to your pool vacuum and set it up so that it can easily work when you want to clean your pool.
These easy-to-learn steps now lets you know exactly how to hook up pool vacuum to Intex pump without breaking a sweat.
If you install an above ground or in ground Intex pool and you’d like to attach the pump to a pool vacuum cleaner, remember this guide and pool it out so you can have a reference.
With this handy little guide by your side, you shouldn’t have any trouble when it comes to hooking up the pool vacuum.
With that, you can enjoy your pool and have an easy time maintaining it. Once you turn on your vacuum cleaner, it’ll already do the work for you.
We hope you learned something from our guide and enjoy!