Read all about suction side pool cleaners and how to choose the right one. Check out the best reviews and get the best suction side pool cleaner for you.
Pools are fun to have until they start turning murky from all the grime and filth from constant use and debris falling in. Among the many ways to keep your pool clean are the use of suction side pool cleaning tools.
With the best suction side pool cleaner, you can have your pool’s pump do the work for you, keeping your pool spotless for every swim.
- What Is A Suction Side Pool Cleaner?
- Suction Side Vs. Pressure Side Cleaners
- Quick Look At the 5 Best Suction Side Pool Cleaners
- How To Buy The Best Suction Side Cleaner For Your Inground Pool
- Reviews On The Best Suction Side Pool Cleaners
What Is A Suction Side Pool Cleaner?
Suction side pool cleaners are basically a pool cleaning tool that makes use of your pool’s main pool pump to do the work. It’s sort of like a vacuum cleaner in that it sucks out grime from nooks and crannies to help lift them from the pool surface.
They are generally easier to use than other pool cleaners because the only requirement is to have a functioning pool pump you can connect the machine to.
Taking advantage of the best pool algaecide to kill and prevent algae growth is also one of the go-to pool cleaning methods that a lot of pool owners use.
Suction Side Vs. Pressure Side Cleaners
One of the clearest distinctions between suction cleaners and pressure side cleaners is that suction cleaners for pool sides won’t need a vacuum bag where all the debris get stored in, unlike the pressure side cleaners that have them. This is because suction cleaners are directly connected to your pool’s main pump that is connected to the pool filter.
Another difference is that suction cleaners can be used for virtually any pool since almost all pools already come with a main filtration pump. As for pressure side cleaners, they require your pool to have a built-in booster pump, or to at least have space for one to be installed.
Quick Look At the 5 Best Suction Side Pool Cleaners
|Product Name||Ideal For. . .||Price|
|#1||XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction Side Pool Cleaner||Algae, Small Dirt, Dust||See Details|
|#2||Vingli Automatic Creepy Crawler Pool Cleaner||Dirt, Dust||See Details|
|#3||U.S Pool Supply Automatic Pool Vacuum Cleaner||Small Debris, Dust, Dirt||See Details|
|#4||Zodiac Baracuda G3 W03000||Dirt, Debris, Bigs, Twigs, Leaves, Sand, some pebbles||See Details|
|#5||F2C Advanced Automatic Pool Cleaner||Algae, Dirt, Dust, Mulch||See Details|
How To Buy The Best Suction Side Cleaner For Your Inground Pool
If you want to go get yourself a suction side cleaner for you in-ground pool, you have to ask yourself these questions, in order, so that you are guaranteed to go home with the best suction side pool cleaner for you.
What’s Your Pool Like?
First of all, you have to know what type of pool you own.
Is it a large one? Is it deep? Does it have right angled walls and steps or curved one? What kind of filtration pump do you have?
These are crucial questions you must know the answer to or you risk getting yourself a pump that isn’t for you.
How Dirty Does It Get?
The next thing to think about is how dirty your pool tends to get. This includes how fast it gets dirty and what type of dirt, grime, or debris it tends to collect. This is important so that you get a suction side cleaner that can actually handle this type of mess.
How Often Do You Swim?
If you don’t use your pool a lot, it’s better to just drain it completely instead of cleaning it regularly. But if you are a regular swimmer and almost always have your pool full, then you have to choose a cleaner that can last a long time and with several cleans.
What’s Your Budget?
After understanding exactly what you need, you need to set a budget on yourself. It’s very important to stick to this, especially if all other necessities are met or you might end up getting a model that does way more work than your pool even requires.
This is also a great way for you to judge which models promise better quality at a lower price point.
Reviews On The Best Suction Side Pool Cleaners
1. XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction Side Pool Cleaner
One of the best suction side automatic pool cleaner among the best suction side automatic pool cleaner reviews is XtremepowerUS’s Automatic Suction Side Pool Cleaner.
It has a specially made silicone ripple cleaner head made for picking up grime from all sorts of pool floors be it concrete, vinyl, tile, or fiberglass.
- 10 hose attachments for over 30 feet coverage
- Water pressure adjustment option
- Weighted stabilizer clips for maintaining balance
- Eye ball diverter to direct water flow
2. Vingli Automatic Creepy Crawler Pool Cleaner
Another one of the best suction side inground pool cleaner models we have on this list is Vingli’s Creepy Crawler cleaner. Named after its unique suction head, it guarantees never jamming or getting stuck on corners.
Its manufacturers promise great quality, providing a whole year warranty with free parts exchanges anytime within the period.
- Wheel deflector head to get tight corners
- Deflects larger debris that cannot be vacuumed
- Cheaper price point for great quality
- 10 hose attachments for greater reach
- Diaphragm mechanism to reach all areas
3. U.S Pool Supply Automatic Pool Vacuum Cleaner
Quite similar to the Vingli Automatic Pool Cleaner, the U.S. Pool Supply Automatic Pool Cleaner is rightfully part of our best suction side pool cleaner 2020 list. Requiring less horsepower from your pool filtration pump, this model can even clean stairs as well as the pool wall and floor.
It can work equally well for in-ground pools, above-ground pools, and even self-supporting one.
- Can clean pools steps/stairs
- 14 hose attachments (total of 35 feet coverage)
- Long-life diaphragm membrane model
- Deflector Wheel head for moving around tight corners and edges
4. Zodiac Baracuda Model G3 W03000
One of the more powerful models on this list in terms of what kind of debris it can pick up, the G3 W03000 is by far the best suction side pool cleaner for leaves and larger debris.
This doesn’t mean it requires a stronger filtration pump though as it can run perfectly with low speed pumps.
- Automatic water flow maintenance via a FlowKeeper Valve
- Total 36 feet hose length with extra diaphragm included
- Deflector wheel for going about tight spots
- Scuff-resistant hoses for longevity
- Quick Release cassette for replacing diaphragm
5. F2C Advanced Automatic Pool Cleaner
F2C’s Advanced Automatic Pool Cleaner is another one of our models on the list that utilize a deflector wheel suction head for better maneuvering and less chances of the suction cleaner getting stuck in a cycle.
It is suitable for both in-ground and above-ground swimming pool cleaning but unfortunately cannot handle stairs.
- Soft, Thick, Pleated Seal base plate to avoid scuffing
- Diaphragm made of high-quality TPU plastic
- Seal clips for maintaining balance in deep areas
- 12 sectional hoses (total 31.5 feet coverage)
- Water Flow Divert feature to avoid getting stuck in corners
So, now you may ask us “what is the best suction side pool cleaner?” After growing through the best suction side pool cleaner reviews and all the best suction side pool cleaners on the market to date, we have chosen the Zodiac Baracuda Model G3 W03000 as the best suction side pool cleaner of them all.
If you want to get rid of all types of debris and your pool has stairs in it, the Baracuda can get the job done when no other model can.